I hesitate to call this one her “best” because I like all of the others so much. But certainly rocks the best. The Full Tilt Band is dynamite and fits next to her voice perfectly. Paul Rothchild receives production credit here and the old Doors producer did a good job. “Me and Bobby McGee” finally shows how sweetly she could sing if she wanted to. It makes me want to cry every time I hear it on the radio. Boogie on.
alice echols amy adams amy berg auction big brother book cathy richardson chelsea hotel chet helms clive davis concert dave getz festival haight-ashbury james gurley john cooke kozmic blues band kris kristofferson larkspur estate lawsuit legacy letters live love janis monterey pop musical myra friedman odetta paul rothchild pearl penelope spheeris peter albin photography pink port arthur recording sessions rehab review rock hall of fame sam andrew texas the estate walk of fame wolfgang's vault zooey deschanel
- ‘Snooky’ Flowers, Janis Joplin Band Member, Dies
- 45 Years Ago: Janis Joplin’s Second Solo Album, ‘Pearl’, Released Three Months After Her Death
- Janis Joplin’s 1964 Porsche sells for $1.76 million
- Janis Joplin ‘Little Girl Blue’ Documentary to Air on PBS
- Cat Power Talks Being Janis Joplin In A New Film About The Ballsy Blues Singer